Production Manager Performing Arts
Can you make things run smoothly behind the scenes? Become the organising wizard of our performance programme!
Beursschouwburg is a multidisciplinary center for arts and reflection, an open meeting place strongly anchored in Brussels’ reality. Beursschouwburg functions as a platform to present and develop a wide array of art practices and research, as a support and experimentation network for artists, collectives and thinkers; a hub that questions normativity and welcomes new narratives. Beursschouwburg is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic colleague who will be responsible for the production follow-up of the performing arts program and the supervision of the performances that mainly take place in the evening and at night.
What will you be doing?
As a production officer, you are responsible for the practical realization of the performing arts program. In collaboration with the performing arts programmer and the technical team, you execute the plans of our performances and related events. You are the contact person for questions of artists, partners, and colleagues; and vice versa you keep all stakeholders informed about the progress of each project. You organize travel and transport, the accommodation, and a warm welcome for the artists. You monitor the podium budget in collaboration with the performing arts programmer and the financial direction and you manage the administrative post-production of the performing arts events. When the public is present, you are in charge and coordinate the immediate communication between the different collaborators (technique, box office, security, bar) and the public. You ensure that the evening runs smoothly and safely, and you intervene as needed.
• You are enthusiastic about the program of Beursschouwburg and have a heart for Brussels.
• You have strong organizational skills and get energy from working directly with people.
• You bring in a good understanding of the specificities of producing live performing art events.
• You are willing to work in the evenings until 1 am, mostly on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Also late night hours until 5 am during nightlife events (once per month) do not hold you back.
• You are proactive, can work independently, and like to take initiative.
• You deal with people smoothly and communicate clearly, openly, and in a positive manner.
• You are solution and results-oriented and dare to take responsibility.
• You are strong in languages and have a good command of Dutch, French, and English.
What can we offer you?
• A great workplace with motivated colleagues in an exciting, artistic environment.
• A part-time contract (4/5th) of indefinite duration. The work volume varies throughout the year in function of the performing arts program and within the conditions of the Collective Labor Agreement for the Performing Arts (Joint Committee 304 Entertainment Industry).
• A salary adapted to your knowledge and experience, according to the Collective Labor Agreement for the Performing Arts, salary category B (Joint Committee 304 Entertainment Industry).
• An opportunity to gain experience in a dynamic cultural environment.
• The opportunity to attend training courses (personal and work-related skills).
• 100% reimbursement for commuting by public transport or bicycle.
• Meal vouchers, a 13th month and hospitalization insurance.
Beursschouwburg wants to reflect the society it serves as best as possible. Candidates are selected on the basis of their qualities and skills, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, origin, religion, age, or disability.
How to apply?
Send your motivated application (letter, video, or other form to introduce yourself) latest on December 10 to Beursschouwburg vzw, A. Ortsstraat 20-28, 1000 Brussels at the attention of Ellen De Bin or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Selected candidates will be notified by mail latest on December 21 and will receive an invitation for an interview. Interviews will take place during the week of January 8 or 15, during the day or in the evening. Start of employment is scheduled for March 2024. You can find more information about our organization here.